School Patrol Rules
You are representing the Wrenshall School District. Be responsible and courteous. It is important for you to be the best crossing guard that you can be. Being responsible is part of the duties of a crossing guard. The safety rules are as follows:
- Practice safe walking behaviors.
- Stop at the curb or street edge.
- Look all ways and be sure it is safe before crossing.
- Walk, never run across the street.
- Three things crossing guards should think about when looking for a safe gap between approaching vehicles are: how fast vehicles are going, the space between vehicles, and road and weather conditions.
- If a driver stops and motions for students to cross, the crossing guard must make sure all other cars come to a stop and check ALL directions before allowing students to cross.
Reminders for patrol operations
- Report for duty on time AM 7:55 - 8:15 / PM 3:05-3:15
- Perform all your patrol duties faithfully.
- Be dependable and trustworthy
- Always wear your safety vest.
- Walk to your assigned station. Absolutely no playing while you are on duty.
- Report any incidents that could endanger you or any other student.
- Report students that do not cross properly, or are disrespectful.
- NEVER stop vehicles. Wait until it is safe to cross.
Behavior and school work are very important. Three warnings will given for inappropriate behavior and/or incomplete grades or assignments. You will lose your membership if you do not follow the rules.